Thunderbolts (TBD)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

Director found.

No word yet if this will be an organized team, which is how it started in the books with Zemo in charge, or if they'll go the Suicide Squad route.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by TheCatt »

Who? (Not the director, who are the Thunderbolts?)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

The original Thunderbolts were a team of villains who changed their identities and became heroes. They weren't really heroes though as they had nefarious plans. That's Baron Zemo in the flag up front in the picture below. It's been a long, long time since I read it, so I don't recall what happened (they did turn good for realsies at some point), but they eventually became like DC's Suicide Squad. Basically, a program to reform offenders or just straight up use baddies for good purposes.

The speculation is that this Thunderbolts team could have:
-Hawkeye (paying for his sins as Ronin)
-Black Widow's sister
-Baron Zemo
-Luke Cage
-Punisher
-whatever the name is of the lady Elaine plays
-Deadpool
-Abomination
-U.S. Agent
-Taskmaster
-Ghost
-Ghost Rider

All have already appeared in Marvel movies or TV shows except Ghost Rider.

The original Thunderbolts
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

Ghost Rider was in the SHIELD TV show, which wasn't cannon any more but then they did the multiverse so now sure, why not. GR was a pretty cool character in that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

Peeps really want Keanu to play Ghost Rider.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

canon
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:24 pm Peeps really want Keanu to play Ghost Rider.
The Mexican GR on the show was really good.

But fukkit, let Nick Cage back in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

I want Nic Cage as The Beyonder when they inevitably do a Secret War movie. The Beyonder is basically Q. (I actually think the writers of ST:TNG stole heavily from The Beyonder for Q.)

"Ok Nic, can you do 'over the top' god complex?"

Who isn't paying to see that?
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

Is that the dude from the "What If?" series?
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

I don't remember him in that. Are you thinking of the Watcher?

Watcher:

Beyonder:
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, that guy. I guess I never heard of Beyonder.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by Leisher »

The Beyonder is basically capable of anything and his personality is like Qs, but with flair. Seriously, he might have been based on Nic Cage. He'd actually be dangerous for Marvel to bring to the screen because religious folks might think he's supposed to be God or something.

The Watcher is powerful too, but he's one of many. He's not unique. A fuckton of Marvel characters can kick his ass. There are a bunch of Watchers or were or are still? I don't know.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thunderbolts (TBD)

Post by GORDON »

What If? is easily my favorite of the D+ Marvel stuff. I learned about "Kirby Dots" from there.