And/Or

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Andor

Post by TheCatt »

I misread that as Endor at first...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Andor

Post by GORDON »

The show's ok. It's Star Wars, but it's a heist/"government is massive and corrupt" movie, first. Better than the boba fett show.

I always think of this show as "And/Or."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by GORDON »

Oh, I thought it was done when the heist was done. You can never tell any more how many episodes a show would have. I look and then BAM another 2 queued up.

This show feels like grownup star wars. No jedi, no sith, just people getting sick of an evil government. It's almost jarring when they mention something you recognize like "Palpatine."
GORDON
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by GORDON »

There's at least one gifted writer on this show. Skaarsgard gives a "What have I sacrificed?" monologue that was inspired.
GORDON
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by GORDON »

I bet a dollar the same writer wrote the funeral speech.

This might be the best star wars thing since............. ever. S1 is done now.
Leisher
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:10 am This might be the best star wars thing since............. ever.
And it has basically no audience thanks to Kathleen Kennedy's mismanaging of the franchise. That's why Disney has made it available on Hulu, ABC, and elsewhere. They're desperate to win back Star Wars fans.

Call me crazy, but they could try apologizing for the way they negatively attacked the fans over the new trilogy, wipe it from canon, and remove Kathleen Kennedy. That would certainly win back some fans. As it stands too many former SW fans feel like Disney told them "we don't want you as fans", so they left. Kennedy might be an exceptional producer, but she sucks as the decision maker for a studio.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by GORDON »

I'm pretty sure the last 5 years of popular culture have been telling the people who supported the previous 40 years of it how bad they are. Doesn't seem like a good strategy, but we'll see if it pays off for them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by TheCatt »

Every time I see the original title of this thread
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

And/Or

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I always see code when I hear the word.