Old (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by Leisher »

M. Night Shyamalan's latest.

A group of people win a trip to paradise. While there they get prescribed a trip to a private beach. That's when bad things start to happen.

You might want to sit down for this part...there's a twist!!!! It's a logical twist and you'll probably have guessed it by the time it's revealed. Although, the film does a decent job of distracting you.

It's ok. The performances are fine. However, I think the best thing about the movie is the inevitable debate it would inspire...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by GORDON »

It was ok. Sometimes Shyamalan writes dialogue in a way that real-life people would never speak, and I say that as someone who appreciates quirky dialogue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by Leisher »

There is a possibility I was on that very beach during my honeymoon.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by GORDON »

In the DR?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Is that where it is? I've never looked it up.

There is an identical secluded beach that has breakers extended out like that and perfect white sands on St. Thomas. The wife and I got off the ship to explore on our own and got roped into heading over there for $10 or something. I think 2-3 other couples from the ship took the same offer. The bus ride over was half the adventure.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:27 am The wife and I got off the ship to explore on our own and got roped into heading over there for $10 or something. I think 2-3 other couples from the ship took the same offer. The bus ride over was half the adventure.
Magen's Bay?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Old (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Maybe? It was 22 years ago. I looked at images and it could be I guess, but I want to say the beach we were on was WAY smaller.