CODA

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Troy

CODA

Post by Troy »

Strong award buzz for this one. Story of a 3/4 deaf family in the North Eastern fishing industry. The Family relies on their hearing capable daughter to shoulder the load as the family struggles and the industry in general faces the future of the ocean.

Funny, sad, hopeful. Sad again. A scene with the US coast guard that will make any experienced boater, having gotten invested in the family, say "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck" over and over until the scene ends. Highly recommended.

Good date movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

CODA

Post by GORDON »

I had a dive charter paused at the dock so the coast guard could pull a surprise inspection. Of a 25 foot boat. And we sat there for two hours because they had a newbie they wanted to initiate and she wasn't there yet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

CODA

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:50 pm I had a dive charter paused at the dock so the coast guard could pull a surprise inspection. Of a 25 foot boat. And we sat there for two hours because they had a newbie they wanted to initiate and she wasn't there yet.
Ha, they are such dicks sometimes. I've gotten pulled over, I swear, because they just wanted a close up of the ex partner. "Registration check," my ass. I did get to test my air horn, I figure if they are doing a safety check, that should be included. 'Oh no, you don't have to do that... HOOOOONKK". Oh sorry, I thought it was a safety check.