The Girl Next Door (2007)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Blythe Auffarth is Meg Loughlin whose parents recently died and who is now living with her crippled sister under the care of her aunt Ruth. Ruth, played by Blanche Baker (the sister getting married in Sixteen Candles) is an absolute fucking monster and you will want her to die in the most horrifically torturous way possible. Her three sons can't really be blamed for their participation, but you will blame them and wish them dead as well. Meanwhile, their neighbor David is the only one with any sense at all. Adult David is played by William Atherton (the asshole reporter from Die Hard).

It's a really well done movie with excellent performances, but it's an incredibly difficult watch. Made much, much worse because it is based on a true story. The real story is far worse than what is shown in the film, so maybe don't click that link and read about it.

I'm glad it was made because Sylvia (the real girl) deserved to have her story told, but you will not feel good about humanity after watching this movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

JFC, I should not have clicked that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, rough story.

I know of one that's even worse. One that I learned about and sometimes it haunts me to think about it. It didn't even involve kids. I'll be nice and not post a link to it.