Death on the Nile (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Death on the Nile (2022)

Post by Leisher »

A murder takes place on the Nile. The boat is filled with suspects. Thankfully, the world's best detective happens to be there.

Based on an Agatha Christie book. This is all about the performances and they're really good. Seriously, as much as the story was a bit dragged out and fluffed up, the actors steal the film. There isn't a bad performance in the group. Hell, Russell Brand is so good that it took me most of the film before I was finally convinced it was Russell Brand. Who knew Kenneth Branagh was as good an actor as he is a director? Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Emma Mackey, Tom Bateman, Annette Benning, Rose Leslie, Letitia Wright, Sophie Okonedo, etc. all give A+ performances.

Totally off the subject of the film, but Gal Gadot is gorgeous. She could be the most beautiful woman on the planet. But is she hot? I ask because Emma Mackey owns sexy in this film. There's a scene early on when we're introduced to her and I bought every word she said. I mean she WAS this character.

Anyway, the film itself is paced slowly and probably is a bit too long, but it's not painful when everyone is acting so well. It's just that not much happens in the first half of the film. It really picks up steam in the second half.

Not a perfect film due to it being a big slow initially, and if I'm being totally honest I knew who, just not the details. Point being, you all being smarty pants, you'll probably know too. Still, the acting is worth the time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”