Moonfall (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Moonfall (2022)

Post by Leisher »

The moon starts falling from orbit and it's up to Patrick Wilson, Halle Berry, and John Bradley to save Earth.

This is two movies in one. The first movie is 2012. The second movie is part Armageddon and part ___________. Not filling that part in to avoid spoilers.

You're going to roll your eyes a LOT during part 1. The science is just bad and there's something off about the entire thing. Like they had a smaller budget or something.

However, part 2 is far more interesting. I think this is where all the budget money went. Is it convoluted? Yep. However, it did a much better job of keeping my attention and it was kind of cool.

Worth a watch, but be a Sci-Fi fan.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Moonfall (2022)

Post by GORDON »

It was ok. A me who hasn't seen Independence Day 500 times would have loved it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Moonfall (2022)

Post by GORDON »

Couple thoughts. I'll spoiler tag to be safe.

1. There is a man, or men, writing these things who seem to love killing off the ex-wife's new husband, who is legit not a bad guy. See: 2012.

2. Someone on the writing team lives Elon Musk. I was seriously expecting him to pop up in the window of his refueling station. Personally, I am also a fan so I wasn't immediately filled with anger at the mention of his name.

3. I think there would have been much more damage, more sooner, as the Moon spiraled in. Our Moon is huge relative to the other planetary satellites in our solar system. And I had some complaints about how the Moon looked as it was brushing the atmosphere, but then it was explained at the final image when you could now see the superstructure.

All in all, I hope they don't wait 20 years for a sequel like they did with ID.[/b[
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Moonfall (2022)

Post by Cakedaddy »

I thought this was horrible. Way too many times I was thinking "But you just said. . .". As in, the physics kept changing. As in, a set of circumstances arise causing an issue. The next time those same set arise, they don't cause the same issue. And just so many times things were explained that were just so dumb. Constantly asking "Why?".

Horrible movie. NOT worth a watch.

The moon passes by sucking all the oxygen away killing the step dad. Then the moon passes by again, helps them lift the tree, but plenty of oxygen this time and they can run to the tunnel, still getting help by the non-O2 sucking moon this time.

"We knew the stuff was up there. We've been lying to everyone. We started a project to help deal with it, but we killed it for budget reasons." A world ending threat, and we cut the budget.

Donald Sutherland's only purpose was the show up, introduce the world saving solution, then rolls back into the shadows.

Why didn't the shamed astronaut push more for "look at my helmet cam footage!"

Launch control is empty. But, luckily you can just put the keys in the shuttle and launch with no one in the booth. Just like starting a car and hitting the gas. Super simple.

And, it's a good thing we put the shuttles in the museums pretty much still flight ready. All avionics, etc in tact. Which is actually pretty good thinking, but unlikely a reality.

I know there was more. A lot more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Moonfall (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:32 pm Horrible movie. NOT worth a watch.
Disagree. Is it horrible? Absolutely. However, that's what made it enjoyable for me. I kept thinking, "What in the hell can they possibly get wrong next?"

Of course I say that knowing I would NEVER watch it again.

This movie made Armageddon look like a documentary.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”