Kate (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kate (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Kate, a little girl who lost her parents and was raised by Woody Harrelson to be a trained killer. A hit she pulls gives her some trauma and she begins thinking about retirement. While on another mission she flubs it up while suffering the effects of poisoning. Now she has 24 hours to find out who is responsible and give them justice.

Kill Bill this is not. It tries to be stylish like that, and some of the action scenes are really fucking good, but it's missing something. The plot isn't as good as Kill Bill, and I mean, it's not even close. Plus, the shots aren't as well done or consistent. While one scene is lit beautifully and the action is outstanding, another scene is lit terribly and the action comes off as a bit less special.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this movie and do recommend it if you're an action fan. It's just that it really had potential to be more.

Winstead does a fantastic job despite moments in the script that are a bit too cheesy. Harrelson seemed to have given effort to his role and is very believable. Jun Kunimura seems perfect to replace Mako as Hollywood's "go to" Japanese businessman and/or crime lord.

Better than meh.

P.S. Hopefully writer Umair Aleem hones his talent because he seems to have a lot of projects getting greenlit...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”