American Auto

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

American Auto

Post by Leisher »

I believe from a lot of the people behind Superstore.

This is a network comedy that's making fun of corporate America, specifically C suite employees. It's like Superstore a bit with a very well cast ensemble, being set almost exclusively in the workplace, and the look is identical. However, there's no annoying male lead discussing politics nor a very unlikely romance storyline. I mean, there is a romance storyline, but the people involved are far more likely than in the other show.

I might not have ever mentioned this show despite it being a fine watch, but one of the episodes I watched last night (after the tourney games ended) was hilarious. The company was making a commercial to market their new car, but a teenage girl on social media ripped them for a lack of diversity. Thus the C suite people spent the entire episode reshooting the commercial and ensuring everyone is represented. It was very well done and a perfect way to say "this is really stupid" without actually saying it. I imagine this was like watching all the Super Bowl commercials getting made, which as posted elsewhere, is how we ended up with demographics completely out of whack "the other way".

Anyway, all the episodes can be found on Hulu. Perfect show if you want something safe and easy to watch.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”