Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just saw the newest trailer in a Super Bowl ad.

That was 100% Patrick Stewart's voice!!!! Professor X is in the MCU proper!!! Also, that was absolutely the Illuminati!!! Zombie Strange!! Wanda looks like she's going to end up going full villain!!!

Can't wait.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Clearly a cameo and alternate Dr. Strange.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

APRIL FOOLS!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I looked and he is 100% listed on the IMDB page. Also, Raimi always puts him in his movies as they are friends from when they attended MSU together. It may not be as a Dr. Strange variant, but he will be in the movie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:19 pm I looked and he is 100% listed on the IMDB page. Also, Raimi always puts him in his movies as they are friends from when they attended MSU together. It may not be as a Dr. Strange variant, but he will be in the movie.
I was just fucking around.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:43 pm I was just fucking around.
Well, you got me wondering if I had been had and they altered the IMDB page as part of the joke!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw it today. Enjoyed it.

While I knew the plot of the movie based on the trailers, they are still definitely misleading.
The plot makes the timing of this release interesting considering the holiday.

Not as many cameos as expected, but the ones they did were good. One, in particular, is one we will probably see again. Another will make you smile, and make sure you listen to the music when it happens.

It was a solid Marvel film. Fun, fast paced at the right times. Very Sam Rami... Probably the best looking Marvel film to date considering the shots you will see. Loads of CGI because...magic.

Not my favorite Marvel film, but it definitely opens the door for where they are going. Two characters get pretty significant changes and an important third is introduced.

A mid-credits scene has another cameo and I know little about the character. The post credits scene is there for Rami fans. I laughed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I cannot lie, the video inside this spoiler tag is pretty damn accurate. Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is very entertaining, but...

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cameos filmed, but didn't make the movie for various reasons:
Deadpool
Magneto - Michael Fastbender (Really interesting as he's Wanda and Quicksilver's father in the books.)
Ghost Rider - The person who played him is not known at this time.
Baldur - Daniel Craig (Baldur is Thor's half brother.)
The 616 Mordo
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Overall I liked it.

What I dislike however is the tendency to make the styles of everything match the comics.

In the very first XMen movie they actually mock the idea, Logan looks at his leather uniform with uncertainty and someone quips, "you'd prefer yellow spandex?". Well obviously not. That's when I knew I preferred the style of paying tribute to what came before, but not make it look stupid to modern eyes.

The drastic whitewall hairdo looks stupid, you never see that IRL. Patrick Stewart putting his fingers to his temple, and pointing at his target , looks stupid. Furiosa showing up mid credits looking straight out of a comic looks stupid.

Because even the "realistic" uniforms from the first avengers movie look sort of silly ten years later, compared to the grittier later movies. I think these stylistic choices make it look dated right out of the gate.

Also the addition of kids into the storyline. Not a fan. Makes it a kid movie imo.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:48 am Also the addition of kids into the storyline. Not a fan. Makes it a kid movie imo.
Only if they're an integral part of something in the film that saves the day thanks to the kid's actions. There's another qualifying factor I cannot put my finger on at the moment.

I don't think The Omen was a kid's film. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was. Aliens was not a kid's film. Twilight was.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Maybe if her effects weren't always STAAAARRRRR!!!!! it would have looked less silly. Her portals. Her foot-stampy-concrete-cutout. Her visual effects, all stars. Looked dumb, and was probably incredibly accurate to what they showed in the comics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know the character, but I believe I've heard it is accurate to the comics. She's a newer character and the newer characters are all WOKE AF, which is why Marvel comics have seen their sales plummet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

She was totally sad about her two moms being gone.