Don't Look Up

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Troy

Don't Look Up

Post by Troy »

Leo, a ton of other famous people, A big fat netflix production budget, and satire, tons of satire.

It seems a little preachy at times. But it's ok.

It reminds me of a version of Idiocracy that takes itself too seriously. Some parts of it ALREADY haven't aged great (which is nuts because it's a farm to table post Covid satire script about government response to Covid/Global Warming/etc.)
Troy

Don't Look Up

Post by Troy »

Also, "fake Trump" is lame. It's because nobody can be as funny as real Trump when he's going nutso. It's just a letdown. Jonah Hill as son and chief staff made us laugh a few times, though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by GORDON »

The entire concept of the movie, with that cast, has screamed "pretentious preaching" since I first heard of it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by TheCatt »

Why would he need to specify Lansing is in Michigan?

If someone is "going off the grid" why just stick them back in the town they live in (or near enough they could just get there).
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by TheCatt »

Man expectations were super low, so it exceeded them but not violent. The acting was good the directing was good but the script just did not deliver. Also, I need to stop watching movies about mass death or death of any kind right after someone close to me passes away.
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by GORDON »

Did Leonardo take his dick out of a 22 year old girl long enough to make the movie, or was he only filmed from waist up?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 pm Did Leonardo take his dick out of a 22 year old girl long enough to make the movie, or was he only filmed from waist up?
I was going to say, you can tell Leo's a good actor cuz he played a dude married to a 44 year old and
had an affair with a 52 year old.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Look Up

Post by TheCatt »

Director Adam McKay says he wanted “Don’t Look Up” to be a laugh-out-loud comedy. But he also notes the risks in making such movies these days.
The film had a few jokes, but... this is also the same guy who wrote Anchorman 2. And, Anchorman, I guess, but this was more of the 2nd.