Finch (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Finch (2021)

Post by GORDON »

Tom Hanks is an engineer who somehow survived the solar flare end of the world, and then built a robot to take care of his bidness.

I hate to say it, but this didn't bring anything new. The robot seems to have AI and innocence and has to get up to speed quick.... but this movie didn't do it first, or even best. IMO even Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) was a more sympathetic robot story. And get the fuck out of here trying to compare to Wall-E.

Nothing really moved me, and I was kind of bored through it. Surprising, as I'd heard a lot of hype.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Finch (2021)

Post by Leisher »

100% agree with everything Gordon said about Finch. It's been done, and done better.

Hanks is his typically solid performance self, but the robot...holy shit, who picks Yackoff Smirnoff (sp?) as the voice of their robot? It was so annoying that I had a really hard time liking the robot.

Very meh and extremely plodding.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”