The Trip (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Trip (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Currently on Netflix.

Norwegian dark comedy written and directed by Tommy Wirkola. He also wrote the cult Dead Snow movies, and I think he's found his niche.

Lisa and Lars are married. She's a starving actress and he's a low rent director. They're miserable. However, things are looking up as they plan a vacation weekend at Lars' father's cabin. Of course neither knows the other is planning to murder them on this vacation.

I really don't want to get into more because I think the less you know, the better. I went into this with no expectations whatsoever, and this positive review is already going to alter your experience a bit.

This is a very well acted, written, and directed film. It's truly fun and entertaining. It even gets a bit tough to watch for one particular scene that reminds you it's a dark comedy, not a comedy.

Good film.

Note: The final 10 seconds are dumb. Ask me why later, but you'll already know.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”