Vacation Friends (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Vacation Friends (2021)

Post by Leisher »

This is one of those movies where you wonder who they had in mind to cast originally. Lil Rel Howery was fine, but I'm not sure he was the first choice. Feels like this might have been meant for Hannibal Burress?

Lil Rey is on vacation with his girlfriend, Yvonne Orji (who I'm sure never got teased about her last name being "orgy"), and she doesn't know he's going to propose. While on vacation things go south thanks to nutjobs, John Cena and Meredith Hagner, who end up befriending the couple. Their whacky hijinks are probably supposed to be the comedy here combined with Lil Rey's straight man routine, but it doesn't work. I don't blame any of the actors at all. I just don't think the jokes are particularly hilarious.

The movie is fine and you won't hate yourself for watching it, but it's just not something you need to go out of your way to see.

Special mention for a positive portrayal of the military.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”