Jungle Cruise (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Emily Blunt is hunting for a legend. She's also an exact replica of the female protagonist from the original The Mummy. The Rock is a boat captain in the area where the legend is located. Blunt has a brother who tags along as well, and guess what? He's an exact replica of the brother from the original The Mummy. Rock spouts off a bunch of lame jokes like the ride at the theme parks, but only in the opening and then barely any at all for the rest of the movie. There's a lot of CGI and a really convoluted mythology. The movie is also really dark, like they shot the whole thing in a cave at night.

Overall, this is a shockingly bad movie.

It's just utter shit. Blunt and Rock have zero chemistry. The script basically removes everything cool about The Rock and makes him act like a caricature. There's a ton of female empowerment messaging, which is fine when not beaten over your head for two hours. The Nazi villain is right out of a 1920s comic book.

This movie was utter trash. I cannot believe it was made or that two stars of their level agreed to the script.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:42 pm Overall, this is a shockingly bad movie.
Aw man. I was hoping my kids would like it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Post by Leisher »

They might?

My 12 year old daughters and wife thought it was boring and dumb.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am They might?

My 12 year old daughters and wife thought it was boring and dumb.
Well, that's not inspiring.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Have your kids just watch the original The Mummy instead. That's what Jungle Cruise was trying to copy, and it's a great movie.