Funhouse (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Funhouse (2019)

Post by Leisher »

This is like Squid Game meets Saw, but with a really low budget.

8 social media darlings accept a chance to be in a new reality show. What they don't know is that only one will walk out alive.

This is a Canadian-Swedish film(?), so don't expect to see any names you recognize, except for Skarsgard. No, not Pennywise or the other famous one. This is another brother, maybe from the same mother? Now I'm not saying the casting couch played a role here, but one of the stars of the movie has two IMDB credits, including this film and has almost no lines. The other has this film, but shows her tits. (And they are magnificent...Karolina Benefield NSFW if you're curious.)

Jason William Lee wrote, directed, and edited this film and I like that. Unfortunately, it wasn't a perfect vision as it has some big flaws, which get more exposure thanks to a low budget and bad actors. Still, I liked the concept and I liked a lot of the messages delivered.

I mean I REALLY liked a few of the speeches. Not so much for their composition, but for the overall point.
Our society is absolutely broken if we worship Instagram, TikTok, and other such stars. Also, the Kardashians and their ilk are just fame whores.
Although, I also absolutely despised the end "twist".
Also, nobody needed the ignorance of them looking at the camera.

This was not a complete miss for a low budget film. I liked it despite all of its flaws. Does that mean I recommend it? No. There are redeeming points, but overall I don't think most people will like it. Mainly because of the production values, acting, and silly plot points. Although it does have a 5+ rating on IMDB, which I would not have expected.

It's on Hulu now if you're curious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”