Alec Baldwin

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Murdering people.

Clearly an accident and the same way Brandon Lee died, but I'm guessing the fact that he killed a filmmaker and injured another means he was dicking around and pointing it where it shouldn't have been pointed. In other words, gun safety was not being practiced.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 pm Murdering people.

Clearly an accident and the same way Brandon Lee died, but I'm guessing the fact that he killed a filmmaker and injured another means he was dicking around and pointing it where it shouldn't have been pointed. In other words, gun safety was not being practiced.
Well, I feel the same as an initial hypothesis, but we'll see what comes out.

I always tell my kids, pretend every gun is loaded, safety off, and NEVER point them at anyone but assholes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

Well......... in a dramatic shot, a gun pointed within a 5 degree arc of the camera is going to have at least 4 people directly down range.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:48 pm Well......... in a dramatic shot, a gun pointed within a 5 degree arc of the camera is going to have at least 4 people directly down range.
There's supposed to be plexiglass and what not everywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh yeah, this reminded me of that guy from Voyagers! I liked that show. 10 year old me was very confused when my brother tried to explain to me what had happened.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:49 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:48 pm Well......... in a dramatic shot, a gun pointed within a 5 degree arc of the camera is going to have at least 4 people directly down range.
There's supposed to be plexiglass and what not everywhere.
Well that's new information.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Alec Baldwin

Post by Troy »

Sounds like it was a rehearsal, and he was given at LEAST a "live" gun in that it had blanks in it. So someone fucked up safety wise, you don't use live guns (even blanks) in rehearsal. I guess there is an armorer on these worksites, so it'd be him.

e: and blanks can still do damage at close range, obviously. Two people being fucked up, one dead, seems like it might have had real ammo in it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Prop gun was supposed to be empty: Search warrant
The prop gun was one of three on hand that an assistant director handed to Baldwin while proclaiming "cold gun," to let the crew know a gun with no live rounds was being used, according to a search warrant from Santa Fe County obtained by ABC News.

Baldwin then fired the gun, shooting Hutchins in the chest, the warrant stated. Souza, who was standing behind her, sustained a gunshot wound to the shoulder, investigators said.

The assistant director told investigators he did not know there were any rounds in the gun he gave to Baldwin, according to the warrant.

Baldwin, who appeared to have bloodstains on his clothing, was brought in for a statement and his clothing was collected, the warrant stated.

The day before the deadly incident, a large number of people in the camera department resigned over reasons including an apparent lack of safety protocols, a member of the camera crew who quit the production told ABC News.

On a day prior to Thursday's fatal shooting, there were two accidental discharges within 10 minutes, according to the former crew member.

The issue of gun safety had been brought up by the camera crew and allegedly brushed off repeatedly by producers, said the person, who had already left the set before the fatal shooting occurred.

The crew also had concerns about an apparent lack of COVID-19 safety on set, the person said.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/crew-members- ... d=80715740
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Adam Baldwin, who is apparently a pretty far right person and not related to Alec, has been on Twitter stating that Alec holds more responsibility for the shooting than the MSM is saying.

Adam says that even being handed a gun and the person saying it's clear, the actor is still trained and has the responsibility to check the gun again. Considering all the movies and shows he's been on and the number of guns he's used on set, I'm guessing he's correct. Plus, it just makes sense logically from a gun safety standpoint.

What safety protocols for anything state to trust someone else when they hand you a dangerous item?

And this is not an attack on Alec. Poor dude clearly didn't mean to kill anyone. However, I think it would be rather easily argued in court that he bears some responsibility.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:33 am And this is not an attack on Alec. Poor dude clearly didn't mean to kill anyone. However, I think it would be rather easily argued in court that he bears some responsibility.
Criminally, probably not. Civilly, maybe.

At this point, I feel like we still don't know the details.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 pm Criminally, probably not. Civilly, maybe.
Agree. There was no intent to injure, but his lack of action did cause injury.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

The armorer had a history of issues.

So why was he still working?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 am The armorer had a history of issues.

She, you sexist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am

She, you sexist.
Did you just assume their pronouns?!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:16 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am

She, you sexist.
Did you just assume their pronouns?!
No, I went to her linkedin and twitter first! HAH!
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

You win... :(

I legit don't mind seeing people's pronouns in their Twitter bios, unless they're cis gender and their pronouns are exactly what they should be, then it irritates the shit out of me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:17 pm You win... :(

I legit don't mind seeing people's pronouns in their Twitter bios, unless they're cis gender and their pronouns are exactly what they should be, then it irritates the shit out of me.
OK, I'm lying, I didn't do that.

The idea of cis people doing it is to normalize it for the non-cis people, so I'm fine with that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:20 pm OK, I'm lying, I didn't do that.
I did not assume so.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:20 pm The idea of cis people doing it is to normalize it for the non-cis people, so I'm fine with that.
I understand the logic, but it still bugs me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:26 pm TheCatt wrote: ↑Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:20 pm
The idea of cis people doing it is to normalize it for the non-cis people, so I'm fine with that.
I understand the logic, but it still bugs me.
It bothered me too until I became a better person. :P