Alec Baldwin

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

Isn't mocking the idea of pronouns what got the Mandallorian actress cancelled?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm It bothered me too until I became a better person.
It reeks of "Press #1 for English" when the service and where you live are both in an English speaking country.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Here come the lawsuits.

I'm officially taking the stance that Baldwin is as responsible as anyone for the woman's death. End of the day, he was handed a weapon and did not clear it. That's gun safety 101.

Hey Gordon, if you were handed a weapon in the Marines and the person said it was cleared, but you didn't check, how cool would they be about it if you pointed it at someone and killed them?

Baldwin did NOT intend to kill her, but he is responsible.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

They wouldn't be cool with it.
thibodeaux

Alec Baldwin

Post by thibodeaux »

On the one hand, the gun is not expected to be "clear," as the whole reason they're using a real gun is to fire blanks for purposes of Movie Magic. It may even be expected that he points the gun at the camera when firing, which essentially mean pointing it at the DP or cameraman.

That said, it's probably reasonable to expect the shooter (Baldwin) to confirm that it really IS loaded with blanks. I've never seen blanks but I'm pretty sure they do look different (as in...they don't actually have a bullet at the end of the cartridge and the casing is crimped at the end).

I haven't cared enough to research the details but it's not inconceivable that, since this is a cowboy movie, they were using a "cap and ball" black powder pistol in which case it's not really possible to tell if there's a projectile in the chamber just by looking.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

As a brainwashed Marine, I'd never, ever not check a weapon that had just been handed to me.

I'd be looking for the person who brought love rounds to the set, and loaded them without clearing, and then the slimy civilians got complacent about checking for live rounds.
Troy

Alec Baldwin

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:33 am Here come the lawsuits.

I'm officially taking the stance that Baldwin is as responsible as anyone for the woman's death. End of the day, he was handed a weapon and did not clear it. That's gun safety 101.

Hey Gordon, if you were handed a weapon in the Marines and the person said it was cleared, but you didn't check, how cool would they be about it if you pointed it at someone and killed them?

Baldwin did NOT intend to kill her, but he is responsible.
I think i agree from a civil standpoint. I'm sure he has insurance, etc that will pay out a boatload to the family. Him not checking the gun - a very pro actor on a movie set with a bunch of scab amateurs - he would have known this as a producer - should have been careful.

As he the primary fault? No. Was he a factor? Definetly.

IDK how the legal law works in Arizona. In CA it would be a partial fault, where a civil jury could find blame and allocate % to each party. Some states it's the highest fault pays alone.

I can't imagine proving criminal fault. The trained marksman crowd are totally right that he messed up in gun safety, but that's why the movie crew hired a trained armorer to handle this sort of work.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks. Yeah, I don't think he deserves to spend a second in jail, but I could see him being named in a civil suit.
thibodeaux

Alec Baldwin

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:46 pm As a brainwashed Marine, I'd never, ever not check a weapon that had just been handed to me.
This is standard behavior for anybody who's had any decent instruction in firearms handling.

What's weird to me is that people getting shot on set is basically this great line from Broken Arrow; there may not be a name for it but it happens often enough that there should be.

That made me look up how Brandon Lee was killed, and wikipedia says:
[The gun which was a real gun] was loaded with improperly made dummy rounds, improvised from live cartridges that had the powder charges removed by the special effects crew, so in close-ups the revolver would show normal-looking ammunition. However, the crew neglected to remove the primers from the cartridges, and at some point before the fatal event, one of the rounds had been fired. Although there were no powder charges, the energy from the ignited primer was enough to separate the bullet from the casing and push it part-way into the gun barrel, where it got stuck—a dangerous condition known as a squib load.

During the fatal scene, which called for the revolver to be fired at Lee from a distance of 3.6–4.5 meters (12–15 ft), the dummy cartridges were replaced with blank rounds, which contained a powder charge and the primer, but no solid bullet, allowing the gun to be fired with sound and flash effects without the risk of an actual projectile. However, the gun was not properly checked and cleared before the blank was fired, and the dummy bullet previously lodged in the barrel was then propelled forward by the blank's propellant and shot out the muzzle with almost the same force as if the round were live, striking Lee in the abdomen.
Good grief.
thibodeaux

Alec Baldwin

Post by thibodeaux »

GEORGE CLOONEY BLASTS 'RUST' OVER FATAL SHOOTING ...Pins It On AD, Production

Clooney says it, I believe it, that settles it.
GC's biggest gripe is the gun that was handed to Alec should never have been handled by [assistant director Dave] Halls ... but rather, [armorer ] Hannah [Gutierrez-Reed] herself or the head prop master. George says there's been strict protocol for gun use on every set he's been on, and notes ... the protocol was grossly violated on "Rust," going on to say he's never even heard of the term "cold gun" -- while labeling the whole saga "insane" and "infuriating."

Now, while Mr. Clooney stops short of criticizing Alec Baldwin directly -- whom he says he doesn't know well -- he does make a stark comparison in how he's dealt with guns on set, and how AB apparently did.

George explains that anytime he's used a gun on camera, he's always checked it himself -- and does so extensively too ... saying he opens it, examines the chamber, shows it to whoever he's pointing it too and even fires six times at the ground as a final safeguard.
So, Clooney at least checks the chamber.
According to Santa Fe authorities, Alec didn't do any of that -- and ended up pointing the gun at Halyna and director Joel Souza during a blocking setup, and firing.

There's more George touches on -- including the producers of this film allegedly cutting crucial corners that allowed for an unsafe environment to fester, which is unfathomable to him considering the tragedy that killed Brandon Lee in the '90s.
Good for Clooney. I really was hoping that movie people had figured out how to handle guns safely, and it sounds like at least some of them have.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by GORDON »

I would want to be shown the empty chamber before having a gun pointed at me for pretend.

I'd even stick my finger in it in case my eyes were cheated by some spell.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Gun experts shredding Baldwin's "I just cocked the hammer" story.

There's a comment thread under this one that starts a conspiracy theory thanks to someone trolling. The video itself is really well done and he has a pretty good actual theory about what happened and how Baldwin might truly believe he didn't pull the trigger.
thibodeaux

Alec Baldwin

Post by thibodeaux »

TIL there's an "Internet Movie Firearms Database"

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Alec_Baldwin
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Getting sued by the family of a fallen Marine.

I'm really impressed by his gesture for the Marine's family, however what he did later not only negates it, but really shows how people have become radicalized on both sides. In what universe does he think it's ok to publicly out someone, without evidence, as a Jan 6 rioter (if you didn't read it, while they were at the Capital that day, they were not a rioter) and essentially turn his fans upon them?

Same guy who called his daughter a fat pig.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Having another kid.

Imagine when Alec Baldwin tells his kids, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!" That shit has credibility.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:43 am Having another kid.

Imagine when Alec Baldwin tells his kids, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!" That shit has credibility.
wtf
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently he was so upset about murdering someone that he needed to knock up his wife.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

A report and fines have been released on the shooting incident.

Baldwin thinks this exonerates him...uh, no.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Alec Baldwin

Post by Leisher »