Scream (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by Leisher »

This is why I started putting the years with the movie title...

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Nowhere near as good as the original.

Ghostface is back and four original cast members along with a new group of kids are both the targets and the only hope of stopping the killing...or just seriously injuring. (Seriously, you're going to get really annoyed with how many people survive vicious knife attacks.)

Returning are Neve Campbell (still gorgeous), Courtney Cox (has to be regretting the surgeries), and David Arquette (who does the best job of the original cast). The other one I'll leave as a surprise.

Scream worked because it charted new territory with its tongue slightly in its cheek. Most genuinely wondered who the killer was, and were shocked by the twist. This version tries way to hard to be clever and constantly winks at the audience. It's fucking annoying. It also failed to learn one of the key things that made the first film work:
Everyone thought Drew was the star, but when she died immediately it threw everything into chaos for the audience.
This film does a terrible job at hiding what is happening, and I'd like to watch it again because I think they made some really bad stunt casting choices...people don't line up properly...

The mystery isn't much of one. I knew immediately who the killer was the moment he or she is introduced. How? The spoiler above, some extremely bad choices in acting/casting, and
because they straight up tell you.

The greatest sin, imho, is the "new" Sydney, Melissa Barrera. I don't know if it was her or the direction she was given, but she didn't work. She had zero range and nothing she did matched the story or situation. I was actively rooting for her to get killed. Meanwhile,
her sister Tara, played by Jenna Ortega,
was phenomenal. She was outacting most everyone despite her character being
crippled and doing dumb shit.

That's another thing, holy shit did these people not act appropriately. People acting stupid constantly, including a party at the original murder house while Ghostface is active again.

Shout out to Jack Quaid who did a great job acting throughout. The worst acting was done by
Mikey Madison who might as well have been wearing a "I'm one of the killers" sign around her neck the entire movie. Again, it could have been the direction she was given, but when you're trying to confuse the audience, maybe don't have a killer acting sus and evil in every scene?

I'm glad I saw it and had a good time with who I went with, but I'm now going to try and forget it like I did with all the other Scream sequels.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Just realized this movie is subtly very racist.

The only "new" heroes to survive are all the minorities. Including two who would be dead in reality, but somehow survived in the movie. The killers? Both white. Everyone who died was white. Two white women were the old guard and were represented as "handing off the torch".
GORDON
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by GORDON »

It's the way of the world, now. WHite people have to be the villain. Well, mainly white CIS men. Because we can't be racist any more. Except to white people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Threw your comment under the Spoiler tag as it gives away a lot about the movie.

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:30 pm WHite people have to be the villain. Well, mainly white CIS men.
Truth. We've already seen movies get criticized for casting Arabic actors in the roles of terrorists.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by GORDON »

It's no longer about justice for the future, it's revenge for the past. MLK would be proud.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream (2022)

Post by Leisher »

Sequel greenlit with the same creative team.

So expect another badly written story with loads of subtle anti-white people messages.