Halloween Party (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Party (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Indy film that has a college girl seek out the help of an IT wiz after she comes to believe a computer virus killed her bestie.

Through the first 30 minutes I felt like I was watching a big budget horror. The film was shot well, the scenes were well directed, and the concept was interesting. Then there's a lot of boredom in the middle with bad dialogue and the story starts to falter. Finally, the last 30 minutes are the exact opposite of the first 30. Poor lighting, poor direction, and the story just fell off a cliff.

Amy Groening and T. Thomason really try to deliver solid performances, but they weren't given a lot to work with here.

The concept of the film has "bubble babies", kids mutated by some incident, being the creators of the virus. These kids were around prior to current computers, phones, etc. Why they strike now is never explained. Why they have magic powers is never explained. I guess you're just supposed to buy the incident giving them the powers. Why they are evil is never explained. How they're alive or dead is never explained.

The are three logic holes that completely break the story. So yeah, not well written. Oh, and the effects/makeup is mostly cartoonish crap with one exception.

The IMDB page has this under 5 stars, but most of the reviews are positive. That's because friends and families of the cast rated it high and not enough of the people giving it a terrible rating bothered writing a review.

Skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”