Night Court

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Night Court

Post by Leisher »

I loved this show so much growing up. I thought it was perfectly cast and the humor was edgier than most network sitcoms. It's being rebooted right now and the only thing I know is that John Larroquette will return as Dan Fielding. Perhaps he'll be the judge this time?

Markie Post dies at 70.

I had a crush on her during this show's run.

Pretty much everyone on the show has died.

I think Bull is the only other major cast member still alive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Night Court

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:02 am I loved this show so much growing up. I thought it was perfectly cast and the humor was edgier than most network sitcoms.
Yes.
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:02 am I had a crush on her during this show's run.
She had some great boobs.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Night Court

Post by GORDON »

Markie was one of the early crushes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Night Court

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:27 am She had some great boobs.
I'm on record as not being a boob man, but her boobs seemed magnificent.

Side note: I did a quick search just now and Photoshop and DeepFake have simply ruined the joy of seeing a nude celeb. I don't think a single image was real.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Night Court

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm I'm on record as not being a boob man, but her boobs seemed magnificent.
Boobs aren't my #1, but I can appreciate a solid pair.
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm Side note: I did a quick search just now and Photoshop and DeepFake have simply ruined the joy of seeing a nude celeb. I don't think a single image was real.
IIRC, there were real lingerie shots of her back in the day, but no nudes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Night Court

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watched the first three episodes tonight.

It has a laugh track. I have an unreasonable hatred for laugh tracks. I find them distracting, stupid, and unnecessary. So, it immediately had a large hurdle to overcome.

Judge, Abby Stone. SUPER perky. Switches between dumb blonde and supremely intelligent constantly.

John La. ..(sp?) - Only redeeming part of the show because of his connection to the old one. Strong feelings of nostalgia in his scenes when he's reminiscing about the past.

There are a few good jokes, and many acceptable jokes. However, rarely are they delivered well enough to actually make you laugh. The acting from everyone is horrible. There's no natural flow to their speech. All of the joke lines are delivered as jokes, followed by the laugh track. I wish they would just act like people that had funny things to say. It's as if they deliver the lines in a way that's an obvious cue to the laugh track guy to push the button. And I think that might nail down why I hate laugh tracks. EVERY show that has one, jokes are delivered in that way.

All that being said, my review would be tainted. The original was so. . . I don't know. The right kind of humor for my age at the time, etc, etc, etc. There's no way the new one would be able to match what the original was to me. So I had high expectations. Not because of preconceived notions, but because it had big shoes to fill. It might be a good show. But I can't let go of the original. At least Dan is there, and there's a new crush for a new generation of boys out there.