The Ice Road (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Ice Road (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Liam Neeson stars as a down on his luck trucker whose brother suffers from PTSD. Meanwhile, an incident occurs in a northern mine. Liam is recruited by Lawrence Fishbourne to transport needed parts up to save people trapped in the mine. Hijinks ensue.

Very meh.

The Ice Road is a minor detail as the real evil is elsewhere.

The pacing is really odd throughout. Initially we're taken back and forth from the truckers to the mine, but that all ends a bit over halfway through the film. Why? Who knows.

The story absolutely crumbles in the third act.

Liam's remake of the movie where he's a snow plow driver was a lot better than this one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Ice Road (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pm The Ice Road is a minor detail as the real evil is elsewhere.
It's the backdrop... the MacGuffin... the jungle/desert/war/whatever.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pmVery meh.
Agreed.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pmWhy? Who knows.
Cuz they ran out of air and were really tired + boring?
Leisher wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pm Liam's remake of the movie where he's a snow plow driver was a lot better than this one.
Much

Movies like this just make me think Verhoeven and everyone else saying Hollywood is out of ideas is simply right.

But, I need something to watch on my indoor bike, and this worked just well enough for a 2 hour ride.
It's not me, it's someone else.