Infinite (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Infinite (2021)

Post by Leisher »

In this world there are people who are constantly reincarnated. Some of them want to use this ability to help humanity. Some want to behave selfishly. Marky Mark is in one of these groups.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is the villain and he's pretty awesome. He steals most of the scenes. Jason Mantzoukas plays a decent role and is pretty fun. Not Rafi, which is a break from the type casting applied to him. Special shoutout to Sophie Cookson, who is gorgeous, and Johannes Haukur Johannesson who put on some pretty impressive performances themselves. If you're a cis male, you're going to like Wallis Day too.

The action is a bit too spaced out for an action movie, but when it does happen it makes the Fast and Furious movies look realistic, which is good or bad depending on your taste.

The concept of the film is cool, but there is a HUGE flaw thanks to the main bad guy's weapon of choice. The second you're told what it does, you will immediately realize that the plot is broken unless this guy is The Joker, which he is not.

Also, there's something going on late that I assume is evolution in action, but it's never really explained. That's problematic.

Despite the flaws I was entertained. Probably worth a popcorn viewing, but it won't be a favorite.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Infinite (2021)

Post by GORDON »

It was a long hour and forty.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Infinite (2021)

Post by GORDON »

Though it did have a line I liked. This isn't it exactly, but I rewrote it a but to make it better:

"We are working to improve the human condition. Sometimes that means painting the ceiling of a church. Sometimes it means painting the room red with blood."
GORDON
Site Admin

Infinite (2021)

Post by GORDON »

Ok, two major plot holes:

1. The dude is tired of reincarnating over and over, and develops a special bullet that'll CAPTURE THE SOUL on a computer chip, and stop the rebirth process. So instead of using it on himself, he tries to kill everyone else.

2. And the second part of his plan is to develop a bomb that will kill everything alive on earth, humans, animals, plants.
Thus endeth the reincarnation cycle. So he gets his bomb, and instead of putting it in his back yard and setting it off, he puts it on a plane to set it off somewhere else, giving the good guys time to stop him.

Just.... dumb.
Leisher
Site Admin

Infinite (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Your spoiler point #1 is the "huge flaw" I was talking about in my review.

Just monumentally stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”