Loki

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Loki

Post by GORDON »

On Disney+.

This show starts immediately after the scene in Endgame when Loki yeets off with the Tesseract. He immediately gets snagged by the Timeline Police.

To me the interestingest part of this show was the therapist drilling down into Loki's psyche with the question, "what the hell is wrong with you?" showing us a lot of the moments when Loki was a sadistic killer, a thing most forget when they want to remember Loki as the redeemed victim at the end of Thor: Ragnarok.

Anyway, good show, one episode in,
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Loki

Post by GORDON »

There's one episode left, a week from today.

I must keep giving Marvel props for continuing to experiment outside of their formula, with these shows. If they suddenly decide none of these are canon (hello SHIELD and Netflix shows) I'll be pissed and prolly quit, but so far so good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Loki

Post by Leisher »

Cool. One more episode and I can binge it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Loki

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:40 pm To me the interestingest part of this show was the therapist drilling down into Loki's psyche with the question, "what the hell is wrong with you?" showing us a lot of the moments when Loki was a sadistic killer, a thing most forget when they want to remember Loki as the redeemed victim at the end of Thor: Ragnarok.
Season 2 just ended, and god damn.

The show builds off this moment, I quoted here. It's about redemption. The last episode goes full Groundhog Day, in that respect. And it's touching, and poignant, and goes deep into philosophy. "How do you learn to live with your choices?
Scar tissue.
"

There was a moment that made me tear up, in a manly, Viking fashion.

This show finished strong and the strength of the last episode made it better than not only all the tv shows, but most of the movies, as well.