Oxygen (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oxygen (2021)

Post by Leisher »

A woman wakes up inside a very high tech cyro-chamber and is trapped with no memory of who she is or how she got there. The onboard AI is the only tool available for her to try to solve the mystery and escape.

Mélanie Laurent stars and does a pretty good job. (This was apparently a French film, but it's all in English.)

This was a tough one to judge because the first quarter of the film is boring and slow. It's also filled with loads of quick flashbacks that are more annoying than entertaining. However, by the end of the film I was pleasantly surprised that the movie became far more interesting and enjoyable. Some parts of the story are predictable (I guessed two things immediately), while a few other plots points I did not see coming.

The science is a bit questionable. There's a lot of it I didn't have any issue with at all. I mean, it's a Sci-Fi movie so it'll push boundaries. However, towards the very end of the movie three things bugged me. Not enough to ruin my enjoyment, but enough.

There are a couple of beautiful visuals in the movie. Although, one of them is the trigger for one of my questions... It is gorgeous though.

I would recommend this movie, just know that it's one actress in one "coffin", so you're going to be seeing a lot of her...but not the parts you might want to, you pervs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oxygen (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:10 pm so you're going to be seeing a lot of her...but not the parts you might want to, you pervs.
*sad pervert noises*
It's not me, it's someone else.