Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Angelina Jolie is a smokejumper who recently failed. Now she has to help a young boy survive a wildfire while hired killers hunt him.

Jon Bernthal and Nicolas Hoult co-star. Tyler Perry makes an appearance, and I only know that because of the credits. Aidan Gillen really steals scenes as one of the killers.

This is an Angelina Jolie helmed movie, but her character plays a pretty small role. It's weird. The killers dominate screen time. Jon Bernthal and his wife Medina Singhore do more for the boy than Jolie. Meanwhile, the fire is mostly just a cameo.

Taylor Sheridan is the director and I'm guessing this was his first full length feature. It's extremely flawed and disjointed. It doesn't flow well at all.

This is a pass.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”