Venom: Let There Be Carnage

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, it sucked. I mean, it's fine, but fine for a superhero movie from the 90s. I just have no idea how Sony can think this is quality compared to what Marvel is putting out.

The writing is amateur hour by the numbers garbage. You can predict the film completely from start to finish without even trying. The story is pretty bare bones, and that's ok, but the dialogue is extremely lame. Of particular note is the banter between Venom and Hardy and how cringy and unfunny it is throughout. Sure, there are some chuckles, but mostly it just feels like the writers were trying too hard.

Yes Gordon, your son's question gets answered in this film.

This movie doesn't give me much hope for the non-Marvel Spiderman projects Sony has in the works.

Added Note: Shooting a film really dark doesn't make it gritty. It just makes it hard to see. Fucking stop it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”