Love and Monsters

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

I watched this on Plex tonight.... and something is amiss. IMDB says:
Seven years after the Monsterpocalypse, Joel Dawson (Dylan O'Brien), along with the rest of humanity, has been living underground ever since giant creatures took control of the land. After reconnecting over radio with his high school girlfriend Aimee (Jessica Henwick), who is now 80 miles away at a coastal colony, Joel begins to fall for her again. As Joel realizes that there's nothing left for him underground, he decides against all logic to venture out to Aimee, despite all the dangerous monsters that stand in his way. The fun-filled and action-packed adventure also stars Michael Rooker and Ariana Greenblatt.
Michael Rooker wasn't in the movie I saw, and half the pics on IMDB were in the movie, and half weren't. So I don't know what's happening here.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

And now that I think about it, there was a strange jump where it's like, "Where did that dog come from?" I think something is amiss in the Plex copy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:12 pm And now that I think about it, there was a strange jump where it's like, "Where did that dog come from?" I think something is amiss in the Plex copy.
It happens. Will try to remember to look
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by TheCatt »

Underground bunker, out of bullets, MAvis, dog appears 25 minutes in... red dress, named Boy.

Did you fall asleep?
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

Nope, didnt even pause it. No idea where the dog came from, or when rooker appeared and disappeared. He was simply never in the movie I saw, except for the last 10 seconds .
Leisher
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by Leisher »

So it's a good movie?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

I would say yes. I came here expecting to make a "this is a good movie, if surprisingly light. Feels like Season1 Episode1 of a show. " I didn't realize I missed at least 20 minutes of it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by TheCatt »

I read the wikipedia, and scanned part of the movie, and it seemed to match, but I didnt watch the whole thing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

If you saw Micheal Rooker in there at all, then I missed something. I'll look myself, since I'm familiar with the material, now....

And yeah, started the movie, jumped about 20 minutes in, and there's new scenes. It must have just glitch/skipped when I watched it last night. I'll probably rewatch the stuff I missed, tonight.

Weird thing is, where it skipped for me didn't NOT make sense. It was between scenes, so it isn't like it cut out mid-sentence. He encountered a scary house, ran, and then cut perfectly to sitting on a porch at night talking to a robot. It was subtle, you just assumed he was taking a breather and found a robot there.
GORDON
Site Admin

Love and Monsters

Post by GORDON »

Ok, caught the missing 25ish minutes during lunch today.

1. Plex copy is fine, I just hit a weird skippy glitch last night.

2. Good flick, well written story. Character motivations believable, growth warranted. It's 7 year after Monsterpocalypse, 95% of humanity is gone, and it's a light hearted, romantic quest.

Worth watching.