Saturday Night Live (SNL)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They seem to be putting all old sketches on youtube, so let's have a dedicated thread for good ones.

This one was on last weekend.... and they absolutely crushed the Zoomers, and made punchlines out of all of their woke terminology. (Zoomers, right? That's who they're skewering?)

I'd bet a dollar they got hatemail from triggered folk.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

These skits were so good that I used to have just the audio of them in a playlist.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's a skit that I watched live as it aired.... Chris Farley and his crew were gung-ho soldiers, about to enter the first alien spaceship that ever landed on earth. They go in all motivated to kick butt, and one by one come out all sheepish and uncomfortable, "They definitely aren't doing anal probes, in there..."

And I doubt it will ever go online.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Holy crap here's part of it.... and I forgot all about the wardrobe malfunction. Prolly why it isn't officially online.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nobody is watching anymore.

The reasoning is pretty simple: The typical audience for SNL in the past doesn't watch stuff live anymore. Mix in cord cutting and SNL's politics, and it's a recipe for failure.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:31 pm Nobody is watching anymore.

The reasoning is pretty simple: The typical audience for SNL in the past doesn't watch stuff live anymore. Mix in cord cutting and SNL's politics, and it's a recipe for failure.
Also it's not funny.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's true, it's not very funny. Anything with Aidy Bryant just crashes it all to a haul. Also those two nerd guys who's names I don't know, their shit is terribad.

Funniest clips I see anymore are generally the weekend updates. And those two guys are never in skits.