Willy's Wonderland (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Do you have kids who play Five Nights at Freddie's? Well, add Nic Cage.

My twins really want to watch this one, but it's currently renting at $20. A bit too steep for a B movie I know will be streaming by summer. It's on the list though!

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Check it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This was stupidly fantastic.

A comedy-horror that's ridiculous, but stops just at the cusp of going over the top. This film is in the Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness genre.

Nic Cage rolls into a town whose Chuck E Cheese ripoff is haunted. The animatronic characters come to life and are quite murderous. He ends up spending the night inside the building and hilarity ensues.

Cage's dialogue is brilliant. No joke. From the second the movie starts to the final frame, everything he says fits his character beautifully.

While there is some exposition during Act 2 to really give you a break down of what's happening, other things go totally unexplained.

It's simply stupid and fun. See it.

Parent warning: There is one sex scene that's a bit uncomfortable. No nudity, but it goes on WAY too long. It's just a girl riding a guy while they're both clothed, but there's nothing sexy about it. My kids are at the age where they hated it, but even had they not been there, it would have easily been the most annoying and worst scene in the movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”