Greenland (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Greenland (2020)

Post by GORDON »

I rented it on Amazon Prime

Gerard Butler is a husband and father and then BAM a meteor is going to destroy the earth in 2 days. Two guesses where the survival bunker is.

Bad: I dislike movies in which the primary monsters are other people. There's some tense shit in here, if.youre a parent.

Good: the military is depicted as generally decent, and professional. You don't get that much in movies, these days.

It was ok. More Deep Impact than Armageddon.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Greenland (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Morena Baccarin is top 5 in the "Hottest and Best Actress" list. Fight me.
Good: the military is depicted as generally decent, and professional.
Easily the best depiction of the military outside of a film like Saving Private Ryan, which was a love letter to the military and a scolding of people who don't get their purpose.

I like that they showed that people were both good and bad in this situation. I also enjoyed how they used timing tricks to get past certain plot issues. Although I would have loved to know how they got past one plot point...

The pacing was a problem. The time spent going to one place versus another didn't equate, but I get why. I also questioned something Butler does late in the film, but I believe it might have something to do with his character's penance for actions earlier in the film.

I thought this film was decent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Greenland (2020)

Post by Troy »

Wife and I gave up halfway through when it was obvious
GORDON wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 pm Bad: I dislike movies in which the primary monsters are other people.
I saw how people acted in lockdown and TP got scarce, I already got it.