Super Dark Times (2017)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Super Dark Times (2017)

Post by Leisher »

Currently on Hulu

Two best friends are goofing off when a tragic accident occurs and they decide to cover it up. Now one of them is getting more and more paranoid, while the other seems to be falling into a deep hole.

The story is set in the late 90s and revolves around some teens. This isn't Dawson's Creek or some Disney movie, these teens act like real teens.

All the actors do a really good job. Everyone behind the camera did too. Perhaps there are flaws in the writing of one character's motivations, but honestly who's to say?

Special shoutout to Elizabeth Cappuccino who is a legit special actress. That's not to discount any of the other great performances, but she steals her scenes. I remember when Lost was a big show and people said Terry O'Quinn could out act most of the cast with just his eyes. That was true, and Elizabeth does the same here. She has big doe eyes, and she is exceptional at conveying emotion through them.

This movie had me glued to the screen despite this mainly being a drama. Unlike the other film I watched tonight, it was rarely boring.

This is not a feel good story. Although, I will say it's also not going to completely bum you out by the end. Still, plan to watch back to back films and have a comedy as the follow up.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”