Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Based on that trailer and seeing a single toy for the movie, I can tell you the entire plot start to finish.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Warning: If you don't want to be surprised by this film, avoid EVERYTHING about it. Asshats all over the web are putting the potential (probable) spoiler right in their headlines.

Anyway, based on that toy I saw and the trailer, it's pretty obvious to me that this is what's going on.

Only click that if you don't mind my speculation potentially being a spoiler. I don't want another "You ruined The Sixth Sense for me" situation.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Post by GORDON »

It's on HBOMax, now.

I thought it was pretty good. Better than the King of the Monsters movie, IMO. There was a weird phenomenon that had me scratching my head why they did it, but there was enough "WTF?" immediately after that, ok, clearly there's some bigger, weird, unexplained shit going on. And I'm ok with that, then.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Post by Leisher »

I enjoyed it despite this really being a Kong movie. Godzilla was just a supporting actor. I do like that there was a legit winner between the two of them. I did not care for the final fight as I feel none of the participants really shined. I also like where they left the film as it established clear roles for the survivors.

Fights were awesome. I didn't mind the human stuff. However, this could have been a lot better.

I hope the Pacific Rim crossover happens. That would really give them stuff to do with these characters.