Bridgerton - Nflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by TheCatt »

Regency era romance book series adapted to TV. I was promised saucy + steamy. I was disappointed. But if you like man butts and man chests, there's plenty for you. A handful of boobs. Sex scenes weren't so great, poorly shot, and focused too much on man butt.

Plot was OK, dress was fancy, lots of costumes.

The story is of a Duke and woman during "The Season" when all the fancy people in England go to London, and attend a bunch of balls, and chastely date (can't touch each other, kiss, etc) to see who gets married. The Duke has no interest in marrying, while the woman needs a suitor of status to attract other suitors, so they come to an arrangement to pretend to date.

Surprise surprise, they end up getting married, but it's complicated! It's a romance novel, don't expect too much depth, though.

There are some side plots, at least one of which was not from the book. (Taking that word from others, I did not read it).

It was OK, wives may find it interesting. Did not deserve the hype.

Oh, one 'interesting' thing -> Obviously 1813 England was not enlightened, but the cast was mixed, mostly black + white. A few token Asians in scenes (I saw no Hispanics). Race was never mentioned, except 1 comment. Which, because race wasn't an issue anywhere, made no sense. I think it was a weak attempt to explain black people in the aristocracy in the alternate history, but it still made no sense. They would have been better to never address it, and just have the colorblind casting that they had.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:31 pm The story is of a Duke and woman during "The Season" when all the fancy people in England go to London, and attend a bunch of balls, and chastely date (can't touch each other, kiss, etc) to see who gets married.
I don't believe there was ever actually a time when people weren't boning left and right.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:31 pm The story is of a Duke and woman during "The Season" when all the fancy people in England go to London, and attend a bunch of balls, and chastely date (can't touch each other, kiss, etc) to see who gets married.
I don't believe there was ever actually a time when people weren't boning left and right.
The men could bone all they wanted. Women not in society could bone all they wanted.

Once married, anyone could do whatever they wanted.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by GORDON »

I don't believe it. I still think they were boning. Attractive humans don't just not bone because it's unfashionable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:39 pm I don't believe it. I still think they were boning. Attractive humans don't just not bone because it's unfashionable.
I think it's harder when you're always supervised, places to live are smaller, and there are servants all around. I dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by GORDON »

"Servants" being exactly what i had in mind.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bridgerton - Nflix

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:31 pm It was OK, wives may find it interesting. Did not deserve the hype.
That was S1.

S2 is just boring and dumb. You know immediately what's going to happen.