Open 24 Hours (2018)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Open 24 Hours (2018)

Post by Leisher »

Currently on Prime.

A young woman, Vanessa Grasse (who absolutely carries this film and who really reminds me of my first love), gets out of prison and finds a job at a remote gas station. She starts that night working the graveyard shift. Her only friend in the world is driving her there and picking her up. She gets friendly with the early shift clerk, and her PO referred her for the gig. The movie then follows her as she works that shift and these folks interact with her.

That's it. Oh shit, wait. I forgot to mention that Vanessa is suffering from hallucinations.

Why? Well, it has to do with why she was in prison... She set her boyfriend on fire. Don't worry, it's ok. See, he is a serial killer. What she doesn't know is that he's back.

This is a genuinely good horror. Is it a bit cliche? Of course. It's all set in one location, so they have to get creative in making the movie last without everything being exposed. However, Vanessa Grasse is a discovery. She's awesome.

It's a rare horror film when they take the time to introduce characters to you and make you care. This is one of those films.

Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”