The Intruders (2015)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Intruders (2015)

Post by Leisher »

Currently on Prime.

I legit was trying to watch Intruders, but when I hit play on that, this film played. Good job Amazon!

iCarly stars as a girl who just moved near Chicago from CA after the demise of her mother. Her dad bought an old house with a past, and now iCarly is hearing and seeing scary things. Because mom had mental issues, and maybe iCarly does too, nobody believes her. Nobody except a boy she meets who is part of a construction crew in her house.

Donal Logue is her dad (you know the face, not the name). Tom Sizemore is her neighbor who may be involved in the old house's past. Donal shines in every scene he's in, Sizemore is wasted, and Cosgrove is good.

There's an intentional supernatural mislead early on in the film, which is a sin. Later you are clearly steered towards a suspect, and this is really well done. Best part of the movie.

Unfortunately, they wrap everything up with a dumb ending scene.

Overall, it was meh. However, I'll grant that this would probably really appeal to teenage/young adult girls who can really relate to Miranda's character.

Side note:
Miranda Cosgrove has a scene where she's just barely showing off her body. She's in a bathing suit top changing and then she turns to the camera so her ass cheeks are just peeking out, and I genuinely wanted her to get dressed. I watched way, way too many iCarly episodes with my kids to even be remotely attracted to her. As far as I'm concerned, she should be in her room making new episodes with Sam, Freddie, Gibby, and her brother Spencer. Maybe this is why that chick from Saved By The Bell did Striptease?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”