Honest Thief (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Honest Thief (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Liam Neeson is a former marine, and now bank robber. He meets the love of his life and decides to turn himself in so he can have a life with her free of guilt. Unfortunately, the FBI agents are bigger criminals than him. Now he's a fugitive trying to clear his name.

The supporting cast in this one is pretty awesome. I'd argue they make the movie work more than Liam. A good hero is important, but good villains are even more so and Jai Courtney is a perfect villain that you'll love to hate. He's got douche written all over his face. Anthony Ramos is perfect as his reluctant partner. Robert Patrick is their boss, and Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) shines as his second in command. Special shoutout to Tazzie who stole scenes, and just taught me that dogs get IMDB credits.

The movie flowed pretty quickly, which was nice. I believe there was some underlying statement about love and marriage because it was quite a common theme, but I'm not sure what the overall point was? Maybe "If you find the right person, there's nothing better"? Donovan and Neeson's opposite situations are clearly contrasted intentionally.

Pretty good movie, although I didn't expect much. You know how the story is going to go, so the performances are what's going to make the movie a success or not, and here they were all great.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”