Superintelligence (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Superintelligence (2020)

Post by Leisher »

HBO Max

Romcom featuring Melissa McCarthy as a former executive at Yahoo who quit because...I forget. Anyway, now she's doing humanitarian things, but as described by Deadpool's taxi driver, "She's the perfectly average person." This is also the reason she has been targeted by a newly awakened super intelligent AI. It wants her to prove humanity is worth not wiping out. It does this by offering her things she would never have and by rekindling an old relationship with Bobby Cannavale.

It's cute. Mainly because McCarthy is so damn likeable, and her chemistry with Cannavale is pretty amazing. Seriously, they are the highlight of the movie. The second best part are the feds played by McCarthy's real life husband, Ben Falcone, and Sam Richardson. They probably have the best jokes in the movie.

James Cordon plays the AI most of the time with another guest voice or two here and there. The AI's jokes are lame-ish, but that's kind of the point.

The characters outside of the three mains are pretty shallow

I will say that the government's response to everything, including the politician fucking things up is pretty accurate. :D

It's not remotely awesome, but I was entertained just enough to not hate it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”