13 Days of Halloween (Podcast)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

13 Days of Halloween (Podcast)

Post by Leisher »

Forgot to review this one, and was just reminded of it scrolling through the podcast app.

This was produced by Blumhouse, and the host, playing a caretaker, is Keegan Michael Key. He is excellent in his role. When the ad said he starred, I was a bit leery as his voice is so distinctive that I couldn't imagine him pulling off some horror themed character, but he's absolutely perfect.

You are a nameless visitor to a...place...and KMK is your guide as you spend each episode in a different room meeting a person with a tale to tell. The episodes are short and were perfect for my commute.

The various actors all do a great job, and the stories range from good to decent. Some you'll see coming, others not so much. There's also an overarching story involving KMK that plays out perfectly.

It's a bit past the season, but if you're into story telling podcasts, this one was excellent. I hope they do it again next year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”