Books of Blood (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Books of Blood (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

Three separate horror stories that are all connected.

One story is about two enforcers trying to find that one payday they can retire upon. Another is about a man who speaks to the dead and the professor trying to prove him a fraud. The third story is about a girl afflicted with a condition where sound can drive her crazy. She's dealing with some shit after her BF died and she runs away.

This wasn't bad. It's a bit slow getting rolling, but once the stories begin to converge it all works well.

Typically I don't like supernatural films. I think they're cheap ways to just throw a bunch of jump scares and frightening images together. The stories are lazy and they always break their own rules. This movie doesn't break its own rules, so that's a perk. Plus, the stories are interesting enough to keep your attention. Truthfully, the one with the girl is pretty awesome. It's crazy fucked up on every level, and one aspect of it could have easily been its own movie.

Two of the stories are fine, but the one with the girl really sets this one apart. That story I will remember after the other two have faded.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”