Hubie Halloween (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hubie Halloween (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Adam Sandler's latest. This time Sander is a virgin named Hubie who lives with his mother in the town of Salem. Hubie is really into Halloween and has proclaimed himself as the town's guardian of the holiday and does everything he can to keep the residents safe. Of course, most people pick on him, while other just think he's weird. However, this Halloween a mystery person escaped from an asylum and people are going missing. Hubie is working with a local cop, Kevin James, to find out what's happening.

All of the usual Sandler cohorts are here, including Ray Liota, Shaq, Steve Buscemi, Maya Rudolph, Tim Meadows, and so on.

It's cute and there are actually laughs. It's pretty corny and dumb as well, but I did laugh out loud more than once, so it wasn't a total waste of time. My youngest kid LOVES it and has watched it multiple times. Rudolph and Meadows are particularly hilarious, and their jokes are just adult enough to make you wonder if your kids know what they're talking about, but just adult enough that they don't.

You know what you're getting with a Sandler film, except the brilliant Uncut Gems which was totally different, so you should already know if you're interested or not.

I'd put this one in Mr. Deeds range. It has moments, but this isn't Happy Gilmore.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”