#Alive (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

#Alive (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

A zombie outbreak in Korea finds one gamer stuck alone in his apartment. He has no clue how to survive, but has to figure things out. I don't think this is the same universe as Train to Busan, but it could be as the zombies act very similar to the ones there.

As someone on IMDB points out, this is a lot like one of the survivor's stories in World War Z. The novel not the movie. That means this movie has more in common with the World War Z novel than the movie World War Z that was made after the rights to the novel were purchased...

It starts off pretty slowly, but picks up dramatically once a key plot development takes place.

Anyway, it's a bit silly, but entertaining. Lots of inconsistencies, which seems to be par for the course in horror films. Also, there's more than one moment where you will think, "He should now be dead." It's kind of amazing how quickly zombies can bite a random character, but really take their time with a main character.

This isn't a ground breaking film, but I enjoyed it. I dig the zombie genre, and the South Koreans might be doing it better than anyone right now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”