Ted Lasso (APple TV)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Cakedaddy

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm only three episodes in, and like it so far. I like Jason Sudakis though too. So that earns it points. I also like the Juno girl that's in it. So more points. They both have me laughing at times and the story is entertaining. It's too soon to tell if it's just a Major League reboot, but that was an early impression.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:30 pm I also like the Juno girl that's in it.
Keeley? Or, who?

I'm one episode from the finale, and so far, I really enjoy this show. I've liked a lot of Bill Lawrence's work, so I expect things to go downhill either next season or definitely by S4, but still. My expectations were low going in, thinking it'd be more on the "fish out of water" aspect, but it's definitely exceeded my expectations, maybe my favorite comedy in a while.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

Returns July 23rd

I really enjoyed S1.

Renewed for S3.

The current plan appears to be a three season show, which feels right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

Nice, also everyone in America should be forced to watch this show.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by GORDON »

I'm enjoying it. I like stories about good people, usually.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by GORDON »

S2 isn't as strong as S1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:39 pm S2 isn't as strong as S1.
I mean, they never are.

We're still working our way through it, but I enjoyed the Beard episode. I didn't love aspects of it, but I liked that the pacing/story/etc were very different from most episodes. Too many shows get repetitive and stale.

Interesting, turns out the writers had originally done 10 episodes, and Apple asked for 2 more based on the success of S1. Christmas was the other episode, which explains why they were structured like they were

"The small man builds cages for everyone he knows. While the sage, who has to duck his head when the moon is low, Keeps dropping keys all night long For the beautiful rowdy prisoners."

While the blue moon also referred to Man City's anthem. Great touches (pun unintended)
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:30 am
I mean, they never are.
Dexter S2 and R&M S2 were better than the first seasons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:13 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:30 am
I mean, they never are.
Dexter S2 and R&M S2 were better than the first seasons.
90% rule.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure I can come up with additional shows, but can I hit 90%? Probably not.

Maybe if you allowed for "as good as S1"...
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

Finally started this show and I'm enjoying it four episodes in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

Finished all available episodes. Loved where they left off, but I do think S2 got a bit wonky with the love triangles. Way, way too many things going on there.

Thought to myself early on that this show was really creative, featured good people, super strong realistic female characters, and all the characters were deep. I wanted to know who worked on it, so I watched the credits. Saw one name and thought, "And there's why."

Bill Lawrence. He who created Scrubs. (I think I'd love to see Bill Lawrence and Dan Harmon make a show together.)

I also did not know that Beard is one of the creators.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:58 pmBill Lawrence.
Could have just read the 2nd post in this thread :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:35 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:58 pmBill Lawrence.
Could have just read the 2nd post in this thread :)
I was avoiding most of this thread until I finished the series. Skimmed it again and never saw his name. Oops.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by GORDON »

Season 3, and the entire series, is done. Ended very strong. Everything tied up, and a jillion callbacks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (Apple TV)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm Season 3, and the entire series, is done. Ended very strong. Everything tied up, and a jillion callbacks.
Agreed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by Leisher »

Finished it tonight. Great show. Really good ending. Not perfect because wouldn't Ted have come back for Beard's wedding?

I could see how they could continue the series if they wanted to, but I think they should leave it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ted Lasso (APple TV)

Post by GORDON »

Pretty fucked up his ex ended up with the guy who was counseling their failing marriage.