The Batman (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The Batman (2021)

Post by Cakedaddy »

Robert fucking Pattinson?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/9vQn-eOMVDo
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

1. You know I've said for years that if the DC universe was going to have one actor/storyline in the movies, and a different actor/storyline for the same character in the TV shows, then I was out. I have stuck to that. Never regretted giving up on the TV shows.

2. DC did a smart thing, regarding multiple universes/different actors/storylines. When they recently had both Flashes together during the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" storyline, that pretty much has me forgiving them for not having continuity.

3. Flash and Arrow were still childish shows though, with simple stories, so they still kinda suck.

4. This is the 6th Batman in the last 30 years, the 5th in the last 25. That is too many Batmans. If it doesn't get good reviews, I'm not going to bother. DC has fucked all manner of dogs in their movie universe, and I don't want to economically support such idiotic shittiness.

5. Making the last Joker movie "all a dream in his sick mind" makes me angry, and makes me lose evenmore of my goodwill toward DC.

If I can think of anything else they can do wrong with their movie franchise, I'll let them know. I guess I do sort of admire them for leaving a lot of money on the table by sticking to their really stupid process of letting the money people make creative decisions. Shows integrity.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: 5. Making the last Joker movie "all a dream in his sick mind" makes me angry, and makes me lose evenmore of my goodwill toward DC.
I thought that was just a theory, but now you're making me possibly remember the director or writer hinting it was true?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Peeps are going nuts over this last trailer.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

And there was another Afflek Batman in between.

I think they really went overboard on the batman reboots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:57 pm And there was another Afflek Batman in between.
We don't talk about Affleck, no no.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

His batman didnt bother me. I feel like he didn't get a fair shake at it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:02 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:57 pm And there was another Afflek Batman in between.
We don't talk about Affleck, no no.
I understood that reference.

Also, I agree with Gordon. Batfleck never got a real chance. He was easily the best Bruce Wayne.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

The other day on reddit I quipped, "Finally, a rebooted batman for the same generation for the third time." Lotsa downvotes. Don't criticize their DCU.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

THE Batman is three hours long. On the one hand, props to them on not splitting this movie in two, even though there are two complete movies, here. On the other hand, it's a long, moody three hours.

It's ok. I've never seen more artificial hype for a movie on Reddit, so I thought I'd give it a look. And truly, "finally, a darker, grittier Batman."

Also I totally believe Patterson when he said he didn't work out for this flick. I totally believe that skinny guy is whopping on a gang. This somehow feels like a legit Gen Z Batman.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

Also there's a post-credits thing, but if you stay for it like I did you'll say "Well that was bullshit."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

5 minute deleted scene with the Joker revealed.

Video is down the page, not the top one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Best Batman movie since the 2008 Nolan one. Absolutely solid.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:15 pm Best Batman movie since the 2008 Nolan one. Absolutely solid.
I agree.

It had flaws (Pattinson being the biggest one), but it was solid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:03 am It had flaws (Pattinson being the biggest one), but it was solid.
I don't love Pattinson, and came in with medium expectations. I think he could have been better as a batman, but still, solid movie. Hope they can keep it up.

The cinematography was excellent. Best I've seen in years. Really set the tone of the movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by GORDON »

I wish we could have that Nirvana song play every time this thread is open.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Batman (2021)

Post by TheCatt »

Best I can do at the moment.