Extraction (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

Thor is a merc with a shitty personal history. Rudhraksh Jaiswal is a gangster's son that's been kidnapped. Thor gets sent in to save the kid and shit goes south. Piyush Khati is a badass wildcard.

The movie has a very Black Hawk Down feel to it. All the action is very fast paced and violent. And there is a LOT of action.

During the fleeting moments of peace, everyone brings their acting A game. The script is penned by Joe Russo as well, so you know it's tight.

I really liked this movie. If you enjoyed Black Hawk Down or the John Wick films, you will like it too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Bonus motivation to watch it: Extreme left nutjobs have called it Islamophobic, racist, and all their other bullshit labels. They're demanding Netflix remove it and are calling for a boycott.

Meanwhile, it's breaking all sorts of viewing records for Netflix, and is massively popular in India, where it's set.

I love it when white people on the left tell people of color what's racist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: and is massively popular in India, where it's set.
It's set in Bangladesh, racist.
Leisher wrote: All the action is very fast paced and violent. And there is a LOT of action.
Yes
Leisher wrote: If you enjoyed Black Hawk Down or the John Wick films, you will like it too.
It was solid. Much better than the Old Guard.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It's set in Bangladesh, racist.
Tomato/Tomatoe

Seriously though, I must have missed the crawl stating where they were. I assumed by the living conditions it was India.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I assumed by the living conditions it was India.
It does start in India (well, aside from the scenes in... Australia?), where the kid is kidnapped. But he's kidnapped by the drug kingpin of Bangladesh. So the vast majority of the movie is set there, in Dhaka. I don't know if the crawl says it, but the dialogue definitely does.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Extraction (2020)

Post by GORDON »

I also thought it was India.

I was calling his counterpart "Indian John Wick."

We appreciated that the personal combat damage carried scene to scene. They were both wrecks by the end, and rightly so.

Heard there's a sequel in the works.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."