Y: The Last Man

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This used to be a thread, but who knows where it went? Searching for "Last" brought up nothing, which is crazy.

Anyway, I just found out Y: The Last Man is FINALLY being developed! The problem is shooting has shut down due to the Coronavirus.

Still, it's going to be on FX, which is great because it'll be a bit more mature and will be on Hulu as well.

Cannot wait.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Searches still can't find this thread, so I'm going to say the main character's name is Yorrick.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Watched the first episode.

A few of these characters are young, attractive people who are so fucking annoying that unless they turn that shit way down, I won't be able to watch them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Despite good reviews FX turns down a second season.

A casualty of misogyny or women never supporting their own?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So... did anyone watch it?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have them all recorded to watch with the wife, but we hadn't started yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The 3rd episode is currently on my TV.

I may be done. Ugh. This fucking show.

I'm guessing the one guy survived because he's the only male with a Y chromosome walking around.... without a functioning brain cell. "Hey I need to keep myself hidden at risk of the world ending but my monkey got out so I better run down the halls chasing it." And, "Yeah I know you need to study me but I'm not going to do anything until you find my girlfriend in Ohio!" And president is tolerating it. And the first episode we saw her breaking up with him.

And I heard a rumor that this show got cancelled because of... misogyny? If so, I can believe it. The fucking women running the government..... ugh. The dead president's daughter stamping her feet and pouting because she is no longer being allowed in the situation room, to the extent where she foments an uprising because *foot stamp* my daddy was the president AND I WANT IT I WANT IT.

I hate almost all of these characters. I can't spend my leisure time with them.

edit - And oh yeah, the former "first daughter" is also a cartoony republican, "Finally, Broadway did something good for this country," and "RINO!" shouted at an enemy as an insult. Yeah, I'm done. Not finishing this episode.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I read the books...this does not sound like the books. Not even a little bit.

Hollywood just loves to throw wokeness as everything don't they?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If this was cancelled because of "misogyny," it's clearly a dig at the writers making the female characters completely stupid, since there's only the one retarded male character with no agency.

Also there was an aside about the trans boys running out of testosterone injections, and how "Yes I've seen many men, but none of them had the Y chromo."

Quitting was a good decision.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:22 pm If this was cancelled because of "misogyny," it's clearly a dig at the writers making the female characters completely stupid, since there's only the one retarded male character with no agency.
I think the cries of misogyny were because they were implying men didn't watch?
GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:22 pm Also there was an aside about the trans boys running out of testosterone injections, and how "Yes I've seen many men, but none of them had the Y chromo."
None of this in the books. Zero woke bullshit in the books.