Tiger King

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

We finished the fourth at lunch today. It just amazes me how many twists and turns there are in this story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: We finished the fourth at lunch today. It just amazes me how many twists and turns there are in this story.
Exact same.

I was amused by what kind of women an ugly dude with money could attract.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I was amused by what kind of women an ugly dude with money could attract.
Right? The Vegas pictures were fucked up. How dumb are women?

No offense to women, but they did the same thing to pick up and bed so many of you...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Right? The Vegas pictures were fucked up. How dumb are women?
Srsly.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by GORDON »

I literally just texted my girlfriend that I need to get a baby tiger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

I feel the first 4 episodes were the best. It kinda loses steam after that. But still great. Are there more people like this in the US? The amount of film they had on all the people was amazing. Loved it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

That producer, Rick, is apparently working on a new documentary covering some other whackjob.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That producer, Rick, is apparently working on a new documentary covering some other whackjob.
I love America.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: That producer, Rick, is apparently working on a new documentary covering some other whackjob.
I love America.
Not sure he's American. Rick is living in Northern Europe or some shit.

Is it ok to start really discussing the series here? Spoilers?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Not sure he's American. Rick is living in Northern Europe or some shit.
His wife is Norwegian, thus why he was (is?) living there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Serious question that will make me sound like a loon:

Why the fuck is Joe Exotic in jail, but not Doc, Jeff Lowe, that fat dude, or the bald guy? (I don't add Carole because, while she is more than likely a murderer, they have no evidence.) Isn't it strange that Joe Exotic threatened Carole and moved big cats for decades without anyone giving a shit, but as soon as he ran for the presidency and governorship, all of a sudden he's the target of a federal investigation? An investigation that ignored all the crimes committed by everyone else involved, including Lowe clearly setting up Joe to take a fall for hiring someone to kill Carole. My point being that someone clearly wanted Joe behind bars no matter what, and everyone suggesting the animal charges were super important because the "hiring a killer" case was super weak was right. There's a missing piece of the puzzle that we weren't shown. Joe pissed someone powerful off.

The documentary even shows Lowe and the bald guy contradicting their stories, and openly admitting to setting Joe up to take a fall. Where are the feds now?

IMHO, the biggest scumbag in the movie is Jeff Lowe and the most normal person is the guy without legs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Isn't it strange that Joe Exotic threatened Carole and moved big cats for decades without anyone giving a shit, but as soon as he ran for the presidency and governorship, all of a sudden he's the target of a federal investigation?
He ran for president in 2016, governor in 2017. He met Jeff Lowe in 2015. I think shit went bad when he met Jeff Lowe who decided he wanted Joe out of the picture.

The best he did was placing THIRD in the gubernatorial Libertarian PRIMARY in the state of Oklahoma. No one in power gave a shit about him.
Leisher wrote: Joe pissed someone powerful off.
I... don't believe this.
Leisher wrote: The documentary even shows Lowe and the bald guy contradicting their stories, and openly admitting to setting Joe up to take a fall. Where are the feds now?
I think it's just about Jeff, who pretty clearly set all this up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

Until other indictments come down for Jeff and his accomplices, the conviction of Joe makes zero sense. The feds clearly let Jeff and that bald guy walk. Why?

Like I said, there's more to the story that we're not seeing. If the fat guy with bad hair wasn't lied to, then Jeff might be the ultimate target, but the complete lack of movement against him suggests they might have just fed the fat guy false information.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The feds clearly let Jeff and that bald guy walk. Why?
Because Joe was an easy target, with lots of evidence of his animal abuse/violations.

Doc Antle was raided in December 2019, btw.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Because Joe was an easy target, with lots of evidence of his animal abuse/violations.
So easy the feds couldn't nail him until Jeff set him up? The feds also admit in the documentary they didn't even know about the tigers being killed until they lucked into it after the Jeff setup. So no, that doesn't work.
TheCatt wrote: Doc Antle was raided in December 2019, btw.
Yeah, they mention that in the documentary, but according to updates I've found he faces no charges and still runs his zoo.
GORDON
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by GORDON »

Joe apparently made a shitload of videos blowing away effigies of Carol Baskin, literally saying he'd kill her if they ever crossed paths. He wasn't subtle.

I mean.... the others keep their main crazy low-key. Joe put his crazy on the internet with fireworks and neon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Joe apparently made a shitload of videos blowing away effigies of Carol Baskin, literally saying he'd kill her if they ever crossed paths. He wasn't subtle.

I mean.... the others keep their main crazy low-key. Joe put his crazy on the internet with fireworks and neon.
Right, and nobody gave a shit for decades. Then out of nowhere they were interested despite no court action having occurred or even a hint of a legit threat. So interested they ignored the guy who actually planned the murder, found the "hitman", gave Joe the order to pay the hitman, and then they also ignored the hitman himself.

And this was before they had any clue about the 5 tigers.

Perhaps during Carole's constant testimonies to Congress she made a friend?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

I thought bad hair guy tipped the feds off? I cannot remember the sequence of events. Maybe they were pressuring him?
Cakedaddy

Tiger King

Post by Cakedaddy »

And maybe all of the content was edited for greatest impact? Tons of "missing pieces" removed during editing to leave you feeling, and talking, the way everyone is?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tiger King

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: And maybe all of the content was edited for greatest impact? Tons of "missing pieces" removed during editing to leave you feeling, and talking, the way everyone is?
Oh, of course. But it's still fun to talk about.