Dave (TV Show)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by GORDON »

I have bad news
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 pmI have bad news
I kinda figured.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by GORDON »

There's an ep in season 2 I turned off about 10 minutes in. Just couldn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 pm Ok, episode three is hilarious.
The ending was... and moments were, but it was painful to get there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

I'd never seen a mypillow commercial til I watched this show.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Supposedly a whale drawn by a kid, but the hole placement just makes me think of this cursed show.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by Leisher »

"cursed"? You mean "accursed" or are there mysterious things happening to the cast and crew?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:25 pm "cursed"? You mean "accursed" or are there mysterious things happening to the cast and crew?
I have cursed this show for talking so much about a wrecked penis.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by GORDON »

Season 2 hurt to watch. May be done.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by Leisher »

I started this over the weekend and I'm through 8 episodes. The only time I even chuckled so far was when Dave and Benny were having their drug fueled sleepover/homosexual awakening montage. Wasn't this supposed to be a comedy?

That being said, as a drama it's a very good show. I'm impressed at how many different characters they're progressing in 20 or 30 minutes episodes. The overall theme of this season seems to be what a selfish, self-absorbed asshole Dave is and how he's negatively affecting the lives of those around him. As Gordon said, this season has been painful to watch and I agree. There have been a handful of times I look away because it's that "this person is being such a fucking asshole that it's awkward to watch" situation and it's always involving Dave. Considering the whole show is based on his real life, I do wonder if he went through this exact thing. I also started wondering how much of Ally is true about Molly.

If you haven't heard "Molly", go to YouTube and give it a listen. It's so much different than all of his other music, like the Ally song in the show is portrayed, and the lyrics probably give away Ally's story line in the show.

Also, considering the lack of a new album in real life, do you think perhaps his character's creative difficulties were an admission that he's dealing with the real thing or just setting up the audience for when Dave finally brings down his writer's block?

The person I enjoy watching the most is GaTa. His story has been the most interesting to me throughout the series, and I just learned he's the real hype man for Dave. They're best friends and GaTa is playing himself. His emotional breakdown in S1 when he revealed he was bipolar was 100% real. The dialogue was not scripted in that scene. So GaTa is playing himself.

I should finish the final two episodes in the next day or two.

Molly -
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe I'll just skip S2.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:01 am The only time I even chuckled so far was when Dave and Benny were having their drug fueled sleepover/homosexual awakening montage.
I couldn't even get through half of that episode. Never finished it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:03 am Maybe I'll just skip S2.
It's honestly a good drama, but don't go looking for laughs.
GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:32 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:01 am The only time I even chuckled so far was when Dave and Benny were having their drug fueled sleepover/homosexual awakening montage.
I couldn't even get through half of that episode. Never finished it.
It genuinely annoyed me because I was sitting there thinking, "Black people are going to watch this and think this is what white people do together." Lo and behold, that's exactly what Gata and his friend say when they arrive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:19 pm It genuinely annoyed me because I was sitting there thinking, "Black people are going to watch this and think this is what white people do together." Lo and behold, that's exactly what Gata and his friend say when they arrive.
I mean... yall did.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:21 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:19 pm It genuinely annoyed me because I was sitting there thinking, "Black people are going to watch this and think this is what white people do together." Lo and behold, that's exactly what Gata and his friend say when they arrive.
I mean... yall did.
To be fair, I did see someone light their fart on fire once, but it was through jeans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by Leisher »

Theo Von accuses Dave show of stealing material, particularly his. He does point out it's the show, and not necessarily Lil Dicky. Shows have a lot of writers and there's at least one other stand up comedian who works on the show, the redheaded guy. He's particularly interesting because he does a podcast with Bobby Lee, another stand up comedian. Bobby Lee happens to be tight with Theo Von, so there's a connection.

Related: Found a Reddit thread about it earlier tonight and there was a guy there accusing Theo Von of stealing material too.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Dave (TV Show)

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty sure all/most comedians steal or "steal" some material. Sometimes intentionally, and sometimes people make the same connections, etc.