The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Disney+

US Agent is in the show.

Essentially a Cap America knock off. Intentionally. So don't think it's Marvel trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Episode 5 is out, out of 6 (I think).

There have been some revelations, and race relations have played a part of this show. I like how they're being addressed. Also, a different aspect of the "Blip" has been shown, compared to how painless Spiderman: Far From Home made it look. Turns out that a whole shitload of people were pretty happy with the world with half the population.

Episode 5 laid off the action quite a bit, and let the characters breathe. I think it's my fave ep so far.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Last episode of the season aired today. It was good, and delivered on the plot threads it dangled.

MAde me tear up. Twice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 pm MAde me tear up. Twice.
Fag Pussy. Uh...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You heard me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Took me a while to figure it out, but Falcon took out Antifa, in this show

"I agree with your goals, but not your methods."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Binged this tonight.

Really strong show. All the characters were pretty true to the books. It wasn't too preachy in the race stuff or the power of government. I'd say just the right amount.

The Madripoor link and the Power Broker are going to be interesting to watch because there's another person who was a big player in Madripoor for a while. He's the best there is at what he does, but he's a mutant and they're not in the MCU...yet. Also, I guarantee you that we'll eventually see a scene with Nick Fury and the Power Broker where Nick reveals he knows everything.

The guy who really stole the show for me though was Baron Zemo. Based on his performance and the brief scene with his mask, I really want a Thunderbolts movie.

Sam's Cap outfit was badass too.