Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/DUhJuFSmslQ
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 84 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Watched it tonight with the wife and kids. My two youngest loved it. My wife and I both thought it was pretty terrible.

Horrendous acting. I cannot believe this is a big budget movie and these are the performances we're given. Pedro Pascal is a favorite of mine, but he is ridiculously over the top here. I will concede that Kristen Wiig is really good in her role.

Unfortunately, the writing does nobody any favors either. It's just so, so bad. I cannot believe this is the script they went with. Geoff Johns has lost his touch. This is the Superman 4 of the Wonder Woman series, and there's only been two films so far.

Were you clamoring for WW to just get new powers whenever needed? It happens twice here!
Do you want to see WW act like she's Spider-Man? It's all she does throughout the movie!
Do you watch superhero movies hoping they never do anything super and instead just talk a lot? This is your film!
Did you think the supervillain in the original WW movie was too cool (if you don't remember, he was the worst super villain since the Hulk fought a cloud)? You're in for a thrill!
Should every guy in your movies be misguided, rapists, or bumbling idiots who can't do shit without a woman? You'll love this!

My wife said out loud and absolutely seriously during the opening scene: "Is this a comedy?"

Additionally, the CGI is pretty shit. Like shockingly so for a big budget movie.

Best part of the movie is the mid-credits scene, but only for us older folk.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by thibodeaux »

I thought the magic lasso looked like a cartoon rope or maybe some kind of 1960s stop-motion animation.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

The kid and I liked the first movie. Since the first saw the first trailer of the second movie, we thought it looked stupid and that they didn't know why the first one worked.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

This movie was terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

I told my girlfriend last night that this movie may have been one of the 10 worst i've ever seen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 am I told my girlfriend last night that this movie may have been one of the 10 worst i've ever seen.
This year, though, a movie might be able to be 10 worst + 10 best at the same time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by thibodeaux »

what's the competition?
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

They need to simply not give out Oscars this year and declare all movies from 2020 will be eligible for 2021.
Cakedaddy

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't think it was that bad. I take take pause with her learning to fly. I was wondering if that was ever in the comic. I'm guessing not given your comments. What was her other power that she learned?

As far as seeing men as the bad guys, I don't have a problem with that either. I mean, men BY FAR were the bad guys in all the comics and movies for as long as movies have been made. This isn't anything new and part of the SJW stuff that's out there. I'm hard pressed to think of any movies where women were the bad guys. I also don't have a problem with a female hero movie catering to women/girls, as was done in the opening credits. Weren't females the target audience when Wonder Woman was created? Maybe not. Maybe it was still boys, given the way they dressed her. But I also think they dressed her like that so the boys would buy her. "A girl super hero? Ya. But she's hot!"

I dunno. I see the SJW stuff in movies, because you guys make me see it! But when I compare it to all the others. . . I don't see that many differences.

My biggest problems were with the way she could now fly, and how she could use lightning. Horrible ideas. She had an invisible jet. They should have just kept her in the invisible jet, that had already been established.

I liked the closing credits as well.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

Plus the rape.
Cakedaddy

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Cakedaddy »

Rape was her other super power she learned?
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

Apparently. She knew that steve trevor displaced SOMEONE but she went ahead and banged him without consent, anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm What was her other power that she learned?
She turned the jet invisible by touching it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm As far as seeing men as the bad guys, I don't have a problem with that either. I mean, men BY FAR were the bad guys in all the comics and movies for as long as movies have been made.
That's not the issue. It's when you make ALL the men evil and/or worthless. Equality isn't stepping on your "oppressors" to climb above them.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm Weren't females the target audience when Wonder Woman was created? Maybe not.

WW was created by a pretty kinky guy heavy into bondage and S&M. That's not a joke.
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

There was a scene that I KNOW was supposed to be an empowering moment... Cheetara gets sexually harrassed by that white guy again, and dramatically, tells him "NO." He makes another comment... but she totally finds her inner strength and repeats "NO!"

I know exactly what they were going for, there. It was extremely clumsy and obvious and ham fisted, and it totally wasn't earned. 10 seconds of seeing a hot girl hit on does not make saying "No!" (yet again) a powerful moment. Plus, earlier in the movie she was lamenting she DIDN'T get more attention from men. Completely mixed message, here.

And then she literally executes the guy in the street by stomping his head. That's justified, I guess.

Terrible movie.
Cakedaddy

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Cakedaddy »

Of course she wants their attention. But only from the attractive ones. See: Work Place Sexual Harassment.
Oh, and of course she wished to be like her more successful competition, the pretty girl.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Patty Jenkins rips movies made for and by streaming services.

Patty Jenkins was responsible for WW84...
GORDON
Site Admin

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Post by GORDON »

Terrible sequel.